Difficult situations might come your way and leave you feeling overwhelmed and even in need of help. It has been established that nearly half of the Australian population will experience a psychological problem at some stage in their lives. St Kilda has not been left out in these statistics. Some of these disorders include stress, depression, death of a loved one, substance abuse, loss of a job and marriage and relationship problems among others. These stresses and losses of daily life can become significantly debilitating. You might need to seek help from a professional psychologist St Kilda has today who is licensed and trained to deal with these problems. It is important to seek the help of a psychologist if:
- You have a prolonged and overwhelming sense of sadness and helplessness, and you feel like your problems are not fading away despite your efforts.
- You are finding it difficult to carry on with your everyday activities such as being unable to concentrate at work and having deteriorating performance.
- You are constantly on the edge, waiting for the worse and ever worried.
- You are doing some things that are harmful to yourself or others such as abusing drugs, drinking excessively and being overly aggressive.
Who is a Psychologist and What is Psychotherapy?
Before you start looking for a professional psychologist St Kilda has to offer, it is important to understand what the practice exactly entails. A psychologist is a highly trained professional with knowledge and expertise in human behavior change, assessment of mental health, diagnosis and treatment. Your psychologist will work with you to change your attitude towards life and help you develop more effective and healthier patterns of behavior.
Psychologists mainly use psychotherapy, a scientifically validated treatment procedure. Psychotherapy involves a collaborative effort between the psychologist and the patient. A good St Kilda psychologist will provide a supportive environment where you can confidentially and openly talk about your feelings and concerns.
How to Find a Good Psychologist
To find best psychologist St Kilda wide, ask your general physician or any other healthcare professional near you. You may also call the local association of psychologists and ask for recommendations. You friends, relatives and workmates might also know of a few good local psychologists.
What Should You Consider When Making the Choice?
It is important to find a good psychologist St Kilda clinics recommend who matches perfectly with you. So, beyond and above their credentials and competence, consider the level of connectedness established on your first visit with the psychologist. Choose one whom you feel at ease and comfortable around.
Questions to Ask
- Do you have a license? How many years have you been practicing?
- What is your experience in treating problems similar to mine?
- Do you have experience working with children or families?
- Which treatment approaches do you use?
- How much do you charge for each session?
- Which insurance covers do you accept?
Will Seeing a Psychologist Help You?
Evidence shows that psychotherapy is effective in treating psychological disorders. If you find a good psychologist in St Kilda, you will experience a significant decrease in your problem after the treatment is completed. However, healing is a life-long process and so your psychologist will teach you how to live a positive life and avoid such problems in future.